We are smack bang in the middle of summer here in Australia and we’ve had some scorchers (hot days) so if you’re anything like me you’ve been constantly thinking about shoving an ice cream in your steamy little red face. Actually, I dream about ice-cream even in winter so what better way to kick off my first blog than with homemade Blueberry & Coconut Ice cream popsicles.
These babies are super simple and only require 4 ingredients – Coconut milk, honey, vanilla bean paste and blueberries (plus decorations). They’re even dairy free in their natural state which made my lactose intolerant housemate very happy.
Tip: Don’t try to make these in an old, non air conditioned house on a 40 degree day, it only ends in tears and a lot of standing around the freezer.
- Ice cream mould
- Popsicle sticks
- 400g can of coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 450g fresh blueberries
- White chocolate chips
- Purple gel food colouring
- Whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla bean paste and 2 tablespoons of honey. You can use either a mix master or a whisk and bowl.
- Place blueberries and remainder of the honey in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Stir blueberry puree in to coconut milk mixture.
- Pour in to moulds and place in freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Once frozen remove from moulds and decorate as desired.